These delicious cookies were made as an accompaniment to my coconut lime ice cream, but they're also delicious on their own. They have crispy edges, and they're soft and chewy in the middle.
They're based on these cookies, but they're a bit crispier. They're healthy and so delicious, you won't even miss the grains, refined sugar, dairy, or grains! Enjoy!
3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
2 egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 300*F.
2. Put 1 2/3 cups of the coconut in a mini food processor (I haven't tried a regular food processor, but you'd probably have to add more coconut so it blends better), and blend for about 10 minutes, or until it turns into coconut butter, scraping the sides as necessary.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
4. Scoop tablespoons of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet and flatten into thin circles.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges get crispy and brown.
6. Let the cookies cool a bit before eating.
7. Enjoy coconutty yumminess!