Garden Vegetable Nori Rolls
1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 carrot, shredded
3 inch piece of cucumber, julienne
1 avocado, thinly sliced
3 romaine leaves or the equivalent in other lettuce, thinly sliced (or if you're using baby greens, just leave them whole)
1 tomato, thinly sliced
4 nori sheets
optional: anything from your garden! spinach, zucchini, snap peas, even sprouts!
1. Have a nori sheet in front of you, shiny side down, with the lines running horizontally.
2. Place 1/4 of the sliced avocado near the bottom of one of the nori sheets. (you could also mash the avocado and spread it on. Leftover guacamole works great for this!)
3. Pile on 1/4 of each of the remaining toppings.
4. Starting at the bottom, roll everything in the nori tightly to create a firm roll. Dab a little water on the last centimeter from the end to help the nori stick.
5. Repeat for the other 3 rolls.
6. Starting with the first roll you made, slice crosswise with a very sharp knife. (I don't have a sharp enough chef's knife, so I usually use a sharp serrated knife.)