Green Veggie Saute
Ingredients1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 stalk of celery, sliced
1 small head of broccoli, chopped
1 bunch kale, sliced
herbs, fresh and dried, to taste (I used green onions, parsley, and dried sage, thyme and marjoram)
salt and pepper, to taste
fat to saute in
1. Heat the fat in a saute pan to medium heat.
2. Add the onions. Saute until just light brown.
3. Add the garlic and celery, cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the zucchini and broccoli. Cover and cook until almost tender. Add some water or broth if the vegetables are in danger of burning.
5. Add the kale, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir everything until the kale is wilted and the rest of the vegetables are tender.
6. Serve, either as a light main course (probably for lunch), a side dish, or as a more filling main course topped with meat of fish.
Who needs neon green cupcakes when you can have something so delicious and healthy for St. Patrick's Day? Load up on the greens, any day of the year!