Cream of Spinach Soup
-1 or 2 Tbls coconut oil or other cooking fat
-1 large onion, chopped
-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
-1 head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped
-about 10 cups of stock (I used turkey but chicken or vegetable would work too)
-about 3 pounds spinach or other leafy greens, coarsely chopped (I just used a giant costco bag of spinach and a bunch of swiss chard)
-1 can full-fat coconut milk
-salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot. When the oil is hot, add the onions and saute on medium-low until lightly browned.
2. Add the garlic, saute for about a minute.
3. Add the cauliflower and pour the stock over everything. Turn the heat up, cover, and simmer until the cauliflower is tender.
4. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts.
5. With a stick blender, blend the soup until smooth.
6. Add the coconut milk, grate some nutmeg into the soup and add salt and pepper. Give the soup another few seconds of blending.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings, then serve.
serves about 10
|Tastes great with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast too!|